Friday, May 13, 2011

A Sinner's Aside

A Sinner's Aside

She's scared to 
DEATH
This thing got
A hold on her
But
She won't let on
That something's
Gone wrong
In the system

Fuse blown
Or circuit shorted
'Cause things are looking
A bit contorted
As if her mind's been
Extorted

But she'll continue the show
Anyway
And when she's asked
To do it again
She'll act like she's
BETTER
Than the stuff

Nose upturned
and chin held high
But she doesn't realize 
I can see the glint in her
Eyes
A smile and a nod
Can't mask the
Desire
That burns beneath
Those thick green eyes

She was born with eyes
The color of
ENVY
The Lord Almighty's
Damnation
To a life of lust

She'll manage to let
The reason she's had
Enough
Slip
Because she doesn't
Want you to find
OUT

What she does
Behind your 
Back
When she sent you out
To conceal her next 
ACT

An aside 
To you
My friend
My dearest conscience


-Molly May

3 comments:

  1. Great poem, very deep. Reminds me of what is happening now in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice poem, i like the way you use formatting in the poem

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about certain women out there...

    ReplyDelete